Infinix Note 5 marks it’s debut as the latest Android One smartphone from the Hong Kong manufacturer. The device is expected to make amends for the last year’s Infinix Note 4 and Note 4 Pro that got a good number of critics and mixed feelings from it’s users.
The Note 5 comes in bigger and sharper display size when compared to it’s predecessor, Infinix Note 4. Stylus pen is only included on the Pro version – Infinix Note 5 Pro. The Note 5 Pro (or Note 5 Stylus) hides its x-pen inside the body, something like what we see on the Samsung Galaxy Note
Infinix Note 5 Key Features
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo with Android One
- SIM Type: Dual SIM (Micro)
- 4G LTE: YES, LTE
- Screen Size : 6.0 FHD+ IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Resolution: 2160 x 1080 pixels (~403 PPI)
- Processor Type: Octa-core 2.0 GHz
- RAM: 3GB
- Internal Storage: 32GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128GB
- Back / Rear Camera: 12MP camera & LED Flash
- Front Camera: 16MP
- Battery: 4500 mAh (non-removable)
Design and Display
The Infinix Note 5 has a display size of 6.0 inches with Full HD+ resolution of 2160 pixels by 1080 pixels which now left it’s PPI (pixels per-square inch) at 403 pixels. The 18:9 screen aspect ratio is thrown into the mix to spice things up a little.
In terms of build quality, the Note 5 is nothing short of impressive and trendy, it is finished with a glossy glass back cover. There are three stylish color options; Milan Black, Berlin Gray and Ice Blue colors.
The Infnix Note 4 from last year had it’s fingerprint reader embedded in a home button at the front panel but that’s not the case with Infinix Note 5, the fingerprint scanner has moved to the back to sit below the camera region.
Battery and Camera
In the power house of the Note 5 is a 4,500 mAh battery that comes with a quick charge technology that is guaranteed to give you more battery juice is lesser time. The battery is advertised to keep the device up and running for up 3 days.
The front panel of the device sees a 16 megapixels selfie camera that comes with a LED flash for quality photography. At the back, you’ll find a smaller 12 megapixels camera with a ring flash positioned at the top left corner on the back of the Note 5. Bokeh (Portrait mode) features are offered in the device by the help AI since it doesn’t come with dual back snappers.
Hardware and Software
Infinix Note 5 features the latest Android 8.1 Oreo with the Android One program that brings the latest AI powered innovations and security protections to the new device. No XOS or XUI this time around, just the basic Android one stock ROM.
Face ID unlock is not available on the pre-sale version of the phone, later versions will probably ship with the Face ID unlock system while the rest gets it via an OTA update.
The phone has 4G network option with dual micro SIM capability.
On the inside will be a 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage space, the Pro version carries a bigger RAM and ROM capacities of 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM. The best part is that they will all have an option to expand the storage with microSD card.
Infinix Note 5 is powered by an Octa-core 2.0 GHz with Helio P23 chipset and Mali G71 MP2 on board. This is a significant upgrade from the older variant (Infinix Note 4 Pro) that came with Mediatek chipset and Octa-core 1.3 GHz processor.
Infinix Note 5 Full Specifications
NETWORK AND CONNECTIVITY
- Technology: GSM/WCDMA /HSPA/LTE
- 2G: Yes,850/900/1800/1900MHz
- 3G: Yes,HSPA+42.2/5.76MBPS
- 4G: Yes,LTE CAT4 150/50 MBPS,2 CA
- Speed: HSPA+42.2/5.76MBPS,LTE CAT4 150/50 MBPS,2 CA
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes,Up & Down link
- Wifi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Wi-Fi direct
- Bluetooth: Yes,Version 4.2, A2DP
- GPS: Yes
- NFC: No
- Radio: Yes
- USB: Yes, 2.0
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity, Compass, Rear Fingerprint, Face ID unlock via OTA update and Light sensor
- Announced: June,2018
- Status: Available. July ,2018
- Dimensions: 158 x 75 x 8.4mm
- Weight: 173g
- SIM: Dual Nano SIM
- Cover :Glass
- Type: IPS LCD Capacitive Touchscreen, FHD+ Infinity Display (16Million Colors) – 18:9 Screen aspect ratio
- Size: 2160 x 1080 pixels,
- Resolution: 6.0 inches
- Multitouch: Yes
- Protection: Nil
- Pixel density: 480PPI
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo With Android One
- CPU: Octa-core
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P23 Chipset
- GPU:Yes, ARM Mali-G71 MP2 700MHz
- Card slot: Micro SD card (T-Flash card) Up to 128GB
- Internal: 3GB RAM,32GB ROM
- Primary(REAR): 12 MP – FEATURES: Autofocus, Continuous shooting, Digital zoom, Exposure compensation, Face detection, Geotagging, HDR, ISO settings, Panorama, Scene mode, Self-timer, Touch focus, White balance settings,LED flas
- Image Format:PNG / JPEG / BMP
- Video Size: 2160p@30fps
- Video Recording:AVI, MP4, WMV, RMVB, MKV, MOV, ASF, RM, FLV , up to 1080p / 30fps
- Secondary:16MP with LED Flash .
- Alert types: MP3 / MIDI / AAC/ WAV/ MIDI / MP3
- 3.5mm jack:Yes
- Messaging: MMS(Yes),Email(Yes),SMS(Yes)
- Colors: Milan Black, Berlin Gray and Ice Blue colors
- OTG Support: Yes
- Charge Output: 5V-1.2A
- Voice Recording: Yes
- E-book Reader: Yes
- Package Contents:
- 1* Phone
- 1* Power Adapter
- 1* USB-Cable
- 1* User Guide
- 1* Warranty Card
- 1* Earphone
- 1* Film
- Battery Capacity: 4500mAh Removable Battery
- Talk Time:Nil
- Standby Time: Nil
- Price Range in US Dollars: $175 to $180
- Price Range in Nigerian Naira: N64,000 to N67,000
WHERE TO BUY