Access Bank PLC has introduced Whatsapp Banking to deepen its commitment towards providing easy banking experience and bring it Banking Relationship Managers closer to its customers.
WhatsApp Banking is an alternative channel that provides financial services to existing and potential customers through the use of WhatsApp application, leveraging the real-time messaging capabilities of the Whatsapp platform.
The Whatsapp banking is the latest in the series of innovative features in Nigeria. Just a few weeks back, Firstbank, UBA, and GTBank announced the introduction of WhatsApp banking. But it is now, championed by Access Bank.
Access Bank WhatsApp banking is now live! If you have an account with Access Bank, this is good news to you as it’s designed to allow existing and potential customers make use of financial services that Access Bank offers such as funds transfers, airtime purchase, bill payments, balance inquiry, account opening, request payday loan, check BVN and so much more.
To Get Started
- You need to, add the mobile number- +234 9090 901 901, as a contact on your phone and save it with “Access WhatsApp Banking”
- Say ‘Hi’
- A menu will appear for you to select an option.
- Select ‘Register’
- Input your first and last name
- Input your email address
- Input default Access Bank Account Number”
- Registration is complete.
- Access WhatsApp Banking will ask if further assistance is needed.
- Access WhatsApp Banking ends the session.
NB: Make sure you use the registered number with the bank on WhatsApp.
This is a welcome development as it’s a way of ensuring that customers are provided with the opportunity to enjoy the ease of access and engagement in their banking transactions and maximize their financial opportunities.
Hopefully, WhatsApp pay will be supported sooner or later.
Per contra, we urge the management to implement adequate security to avoid hacking accounts of the customers.